Friday, June 1, 2012

BEA competitive- episode 3


heya guys!

you should be able to pick up the episode here or download from iTunes within 24 hours.  :)

in today's episode Em and i discuss the implementation of kickstarter to try to fund the theatrical version of KC Going's FAT KID RULES THE WORLD.  (see the second trailer at the end of the post)

then we each talk about two books we're really looking forward to being released in june 2012.

and the BIG TOPIC for the day:
BEA!!!!! (book expo america!!!!)
emily's going and she's scared outta her wits.  vic gives her some unbelievably profound advice (i know, right?).  tune in to hear whether she's willing to take it or not... dun.dun.duuuuuuunnnnn.....

what new releases are you looking forward to?



Links:
FAT KID RULES THE WORLD / Kickstarter PW article
FKRtheW on Kickstarter
FKRtheW on Amazon
Kickstarter
FKRtheW on Facebook
SURRENDER by Elana Johnson
ZOE LETTING GO by Nora Price
THIS IS NOT A TEST by Courtney Summers
SHADOW AND BONE by Leigh Bardugo
ZOMBIELAND
mr. joshua
dan cohen
Live Chat with Emily White- June 1st
Opening Day at Sketcher Girl Studios- June 7th


Trailers:

9 comments:

Emily White said...

Those trailers are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Crazy trailers! And I just downloaded the mp3 to my phone to listen to on the commute and at the gym!! I hope I don't forget to comment again with my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't wait to listen.

Matthew Lillard movie suggestion: SLC PUNK is a wicked movie. He was Cereal Killer in HACKERS. He was obnoxiously hilarious in SHE'S ALL THAT. Creepy in THE CURVE. Just avoid WING COMMANDER and IN THE NAME OF THE KING. Please.

Anonymous said...

Also, the cover to ZOE LETTING GO is really interesting.

Anonymous said...

Last one, I promise. YES! Everyone needs to watch ZOMBIELAND. I wish it was still on Netflix Instant.

Anonymous said...

So...did you mean for this to be nearly 3 hours long with the running time?

vic caswell said...

heya!
i'm investigating into the run-time on this ep. it is only 65 minutes... but i haven't figured out what's going on with it yet...

Rusty Carl said...

Again, I was slow to listen, but I dug the show this week. Vic, I'm glad your campaign you engaged in last week brought you to victory in the Gaiman thing. Not preparing for a battle doesn't mean you don't have to fight in - so I feel for Emily for being caught unawares.

I'm glad you talked about that book trailer. It was stunning. I don't like most book trailers because I think the creators are usually too ambitious and try to put something out that they can't quite pull off, this on though. Spot on perfect. That screams professional all the way.

Even the great book trailers I've seen, like the one for Brent Weeks series, with a full cast and a big FX budget, is still a SYFY cheesefest - it's awesome if you and your buddies managed to do it, but not so awesome when compared to real movie trailers. So this animated thing with the Game of Thrones vibe was amazing. I wonder what the budget was on that.

Can't wait to hear that interview ep next week.

L.C. said...

You two are the most adorable people I know. Also, is it funny that I could tell immediately the first person to talk was Miss Vic? :-)

Back when I was in school, I went to a literature conference thing and one girl presented her paper on Fat Kid Rules the World. (I think it was on the importance of the punk in punk rock?) I remember wanting to read it but forgot until now! So thanks for reminding me, ladies. ;-) Hope it gets into at least a few small movie theaters somehow. It sounds like a wonderful story.